Great Tips for Single Homebuyers
Did you know that, according to the National Association of Realtors, 31% of all homebuyers are single? Though the thought of owning a home can be scary for a single homebuyer, it certainly doesn’t have to be. Consider these GREAT tips and you could be hosting summer parties in your new home.
Get Pre-approved and Talk to a Loan Officer
- Complete a Great Midwest Bank Mortgage Pre-approval well in advance of looking for a new home, to get a better idea of the home you can afford.
- Loan Officers at Great Midwest Bank will assist you throughout the process, making it stress free and easy to understand.
- Regardless of what you are approved for, shop for homes valued at a price you are comfortable with. Don’t forget unexpected home repairs such as a new washer, fixing leaks and landscaping.
Start House Hunting
- Spring is the perfect time to visit open houses. Make a day out of it and enlist friends that will provide positive advice.
- Walk around the block. If neighbors are out, say hello. Take into consideration the lifestyle of the neighbors, noise and proximity to restaurants and shops.
- Don’t be afraid of paint colors or wallpaper, these can be changed. Once you move in, add your own style.
Think About the Future
- Don’t limit your search to a home that fits your needs now, but also consider your future needs.
- Consider re-sale when purchasing a home. Though you may fall in love with the home’s quirky features, want a small yard or enjoy not having a playground near you; future buyers may not. Purchase a home you love but also one that someone else will appreciate down the road.