Your Simply Local Bank
Since 1935, Great Midwest Bank has been a “family-run” mutual institution serving local communities in Southeastern Wisconsin.
Our MissionLearn More
Simply Local, Simply GivingLearn More
Community BankingLearn More
Our mission is to provide a personalized and informed experience to every visitor and customer.
- Products and services are meant to benefit customers over the long-term, not short-term
- Employees take the time to learn about each customer’s situation and goals
- Consistent focus on home lending versus trying to offer everything out there (i.e., “we know what we do and we do it well”)
- Educated and experienced employees provide top-notch service
Simply Local, Simply Giving
We’re your friends, neighbors, and family members. Most of us grew up here in Wisconsin. We believe serving our local communities and keeping money invested locally is the right thing to do.
Great Midwest Bank also gives back through our Simply Giving initiative. The purpose of Simply Giving is for Great Midwest Bank, its employees, and its partners to give back to the local community through volunteering, educating, and donating throughout the year.
Being a community bank means Great Midwest Bank keeps more of your money local, right where you live.
- As a mortgage and/or deposit customer, your money stays ‘local’ both in the state taxes Great Midwest Bank pays and the practice of lending our own bank funds for Wisconsin home loans
- Our common-sense approach to lending benefits the neighborhoods and communities in which we live
- Mortgage payments are made right to us (we retain the loan servicing for all non-government loans)