First Time Home Buyers in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Also serving Brookfield, Chilton, Madison, Wauwatosa, Greenfield, Bayside, and more
Great Midwest Bank is here to help first time home buyers find their hassle free home loans, serving local communities from the greater Milwaukee area all the way to the suburbs of Madison.
Great Midwest Bank offers first time home buyers a number of first time home mortgage loan options and excellent resources, including loan down payment assistance in certain circumstances.
To guarantee a smooth new home mortgage shopping process, first time home buyers should consider the following:
- Begin with a free, no-obligation pre-approval. Real estate agents generally prefer pre-approval letters from a local, Wisconsin-based lender like Great Midwest Bank.
- Consider starting out with an online mortgage application to provide us with the basics of your needs and requests. Our mortgage rate calculator may also come in handy if you would like to get a custom mortgage loan rate quote.
- A face to-to-face meeting with one of our Mortgage Loan Officers is time well spent. We will even do what we can to meet somewhere convenient for you!
- Provide us with as much information as you can from our Mortgage Application Checklist.
- Your Loan Officer will determine what, if anything, is further necessary to finalize your home mortgage loan pre-approval.
- We should be able to provide a decision on your loan within 2-3 business days, sometimes as little as one.
Once you have found a new home and submit an Offer to Purchase that is accepted by the seller, forward it to your Mortgage Loan Officer.
From there, you can expect:
- A formal set of disclosures reflecting your home mortgage loan closing costs and estimated cash that is required at closing.
- Final verification of your income and mortgage down payment funds, including any gift funds from family.
- A property appraisal performed by a bank-approved firm.
- Mortgage approval within 3-4 weeks and home loan closing shortly thereafter.
For more information, check out the answers to all of our Frequently Asked Questions about mortgage loans.