DUCK 5: Prepare to Move | Get Your Ducks in a Row for a Mortgage Loan
You’ve successfully moved into your home. Before you move in and start unpacking, don’t forget to take care of some final paperwork and home care that will save you a lot of hassle further down the line:
- Give your home a nice deep clean, or hire someone to do it for you.
- Make any flooring or painting updates before you start moving boxes of your belongings, furniture, and more into your home.
- Get your air ducts cleaned or change the air filters.
- Change the locks.
- Fill out a change of address form at the post office so mail gets rerouted to your new home.
- Update your driver’s license with your new home address.
- Send out change of address cards! Email may suffice, but can be easily ignored by the recipient. Think of your change of address card as an any-time-of-year holiday card; make it fun and creative, so your loved ones won’t lose track of your new location!
When you choose Great Midwest Bank for your home mortgage loan, getting your ducks in a row is a hassle-free process. Our expert local loan officers, common sense lending philosophy, and over 80 years of experience in the Wisconsin housing market will make buying your home a breeze.
Don’t forget Ducks 1-4, so you can get to the move-in process hassle free!
Get Your Ducks in a Row for a Mortgage Loan
DUCK 5: Prepare to Move